The Arid Ecology Lab is part of the Ecology and Evolution Research Centre and the School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Science at the University of New South Wales, Australia.
Our research aims to explore how arid and semi-arid ecosystems function, specifically, relationships between soil processes and plants and animals. Our emphasis is on the semi-arid woodland. Current themes include:
- Patch creation by native and feral vertebrates
- Invertebrate effects on ecosystem processes
- The links between shrub encroachment and landscape health
- The shrubland–desertification paradigm
- Ecology of desert soil crusts
- Ecology of ants